How To Sew Sequins
What You'll Need: Sequins (I bought mine here Cartwright's Sequins), thread, regular sewing needle, felt.
1. With an already threaded needle, tie off your thread so that it doesn't go anywhere!
2. Stick the needle through the felt from the bottom and add a sequin by placing it over the needle.
3. Put the thread back down into the felt on the very edge of the sequin.
4. This is how it should look after Step 3.
5. Bring the needle back up through the felt on the very edge of the sequin in the direction you want to go.
6. Place the sequin over the needle and pull the thread through. Then put the needle down and through on the edge of the sequin again.
7. Keep doing this for as many as you need!
8. When you want to tie off an edge or just make it more secure because you want to face another direction, try to come up through the felt on the other side and go back down through the hole. This will secure it tightly from two different directions which should hold it in place quite well.
That's really all there is to it; quite a simple thing really. But if you didn't know how to do it, it's not the easiest thing to find the information on! I had to search for quite awhile and could really only find information on how to sew onto fabric for a costume.
Thanks for Reading and Happy Creating!